Fri04252014

Last updateThu, 24 Apr 2014 2pm

News

$1,600 raised for Project Graduation

    Despite less-than-desirable weather conditions, Hutcheson Ford, the 2014 Project Grad Team, and members of the local community were able to raise more than $1,600 for the upcoming Project Graduation at their recent test-drive event.

Register to read more...

Library plans big book sale

    A large book sale will held at the James Memorial Public Library from March 20 to March 22. Thousands of books will be available for purchase, along with CDs and VHS tapes. Proceeds from the sale will be used to support library programs and to purchase items from the library.

Register to read more...

Cops seeking sobriety grant

    During the regular March meeting of the St. James City Council on Monday night, officer Chris Pigg discussed a grant he is seeking to add sobriety checkpoints and provide additional equipment for use by the St. James Police Department. Officers recently received two grants that have provided additional equipment and Pigg hopes participation in the Missouri Highway Safety Program will provide even more.

Register to read more...

Weekend events will help Ugandan children

    Sole Hope will host a barefoot dance and walk-a-thon to raise money to assist children in Uganda. This weekend both events will be held at the Firehouse Coffee Shop on Hardy Street and will be used to raise awareness about the need to help African children.

Read more...

Council gets update on park work

    Parks Board President Jack Kearbey spoke to the St. James City Council during Monday night’s meeting, giving an update on the parks and pool. The Parks Department has seen significant growth over the past year and the board has been working on areas to make improvements.

Register to read more...

Fire damages home

    The St. James Fire Protection District responded to a fire on February 28 at a local residence. At 10:45 a.m., emergency responders were notified of a fire at 411 East Scioto. Firefighters spent several hours bringing the blaze under control and have determined the fire was started due to a discarded cigarette.

Register to read more...