Phelps Health announced this morning that it has further restricted its visitation policy until further notice. The following release was issued:
In an effort to continue protecting our patients, staff and communities from the spread of COVID-19, Phelps Health is temporarily suspending all visitors at all of our locations beginning Friday, April 3, 2020. Until further notice, no visitors will be allowed at Phelps Health Hospital or clinics with the following limited exceptions:
· ICU—No visitors except for end-of-life care. ICU visitor guidelines are listed here: https://phelpshealth.org/…/Visitor%20Restrictions-ICU%20Gui…
· Patients under the age of 18—One parent or guardian
· Obstetrics/Labor and Delivery—One support person
· Intellectually Disabled Patients —One support person or caregiver
· Prisoners—One law enforcement officer
If the above criteria is met, all visiting individuals must be adults (18 years or older) and will be required to complete a health screening for wellness (including checking for fever or respiratory symptoms) upon entry at Phelps Health.
All Phelps Health patients will be asked to identify one person as their primary contact. Staff will communicate via phone with the designated primary contact throughout the patient’s stay at Phelps Health.
We hope these additional restrictions will help us protect others from coming into contact with COVID-19. We apologize for any inconvenience, and we thank you for your cooperation.
Comments powered by CComment